Saturday, January 9, 2010

Smokers Emphysema Young Non-Smokers With Emphysema?

Young Non-Smokers with Emphysema? - smokers emphysema

I had an attack of bad asthma and bronchitis, that out of nowhere late last year. I had an x-ray in November, a radiologist, read the "lung hyperinflation in a few weeks ago, then another said that" covert one without emphysema. "I've never smoked in my life and I'm still 30th in my I have never seen such family members are suffering from emphysema, but my mother has asthma. Tell me that I need to wait 2 weeks for spirometry, the results of X-ray must confirm the thorax. I breathe in this moment with a large amount of air entering and leaving the lungs and only use Advair once in the morning and evening. I read a lot on the Internet that says that 90% of patients with emphysema and other smoking are inherited conditions. I really want to get this resolved and do a spirometry test and CT as soon as possible, but say that they are waiting for the test date and 3 weeks for the results. Has anyone ever been a similar situation and an answer?

3 comments:

wvflower... said...

Emphysema is hereditary alpha-1-antitrypsin, or alpha-1 only for the short term. I know they have. You must have your doctor for this test. Tell them you want the kind of genes and the level of serum. It is necessary both for a definite answer. If it is, the sooner you receive treatment, the better. Were not examined or treated, until my lung was about 28%. It has been. When I was tested when the symptoms began, much better. It generally starts in his 30th Do not try to scare you, but you need to know. Search Home of the Internet. He is the Alpha-1 Foundation and Alpha-1 Association.
Www.spiderspun.net There is also a great place. It has a wealth of information there. The site is about a woman who has managed the Alpha-1.
You can send an e-mail to wvflowergirl@yahoo.com if desired.

byron101... said...

It is a legacy of COPD, smoking for approximately 24% of patients with COPD never, so that his work is not so rare

GEE said...

If you inherited emphysema, you should probably read the other members of your family in this state. It is entirely possible that the radiologist incorrectly that their X-ray. Do not try to worry. The test of lung function is fast and easy. Various measures of air flow during the test. The measures are weak for a person with asthma, of which a person suffers from emphysema different. Good luck to you.

Post a Comment